Friday, June 7, 2013

Greetings, Earthlings...

So, here's the deal.  I've had a few of these "blog" things over the years... And years... And years.

In fact, I still have my old LiveJournal, where I'm an "Early Adopter" {applaud here} because I'm getting so old that I had a LiveJournal back when they were 100% FREE (you heard me), along with so many really cool things on the web that are equally as useless now, but have ballooned in price since then.

I've written a few "Hey look, I'm back!" posts, where I briefly update my life status and latest accomplishments to my clearly vast and painfully attentive audience, and then swear up and down proclaiming: "I SHALL RETURN!" before posting vague snippets and paragraphs of forced words for a few days, memes and quizzes to pretend I wrote for a few days, and then a week spent trying to write another real post while constantly getting distracted or interrupted... post it... and proceed to forget that the blog exists for another 6-12 months.  That's my pattern.  Is admission a step?  Do I need steps for this?  Never mind.

Anyway, I have a new plan.  I know that I sometimes come up with some cool ideas, or deep thoughts - but my memory is, was, and ever shall be.... CRAP!  I can't help it.  I really should carry a video camera or a notepad everywhere I go.  Instead, my poor husband, boss, daughter (whatever poor soul happens to be in the area) winds up listening to me prattle on about whatever I've gotten into my head and get all excited with ideas... which I promptly forget the second we get where we're going, or the commercial break ends, etc.  I'm going to try and take some notes and actually write down some of my babbling here.  Who knows, maybe I will amuse you - in which case, kick your feet up with a coffee.  Maybe I won't - in which case, feel free to go away. :)

Let's see if I actually remember to write in this.
Wish me luck!

Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment